North China University of Water Resources and Electric Power
North China University of Water Resources and Electric Power (NCWU) originates from the Beijing College of Water Conservancy, founded by the Central Government’s Ministry of Water Resources in 1951. NCWU is now located in Zhengzhou city, the capital of Henan Province. With a long history of cooperation with foreign countries, NCWU has 26960 undergraduates and 1430 postgraduates. Since 1958, the university had been enrolling overseas students from many countries such as Vietnam, Nepal, Indonesia and Cameron. In 1960, NCWU was entrusted by the Ministry of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering to assist Vietnam to establish the Institute of Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Power. At present, NCWU is keeping cooperation with 14 countries and regions such as Russia, Britain, Australia, France, and Germany, etc..
NCWU is a comprehensive university, has about 2,000 faculty and staff, including about 500 faculty with doctoral degrees, 200 professors and 500 associate professors, including 11 national and provincial academic leaders and over 10 academicians of CAS and CAE. NCWU has set up 16 secondary schools including the School of Water Conservancy, the School of Electric Power, and so on, operating 64 undergraduate programs, 74 graduate programs and 19 PhD programs. NCWU is equipped with 65 scientific research institutes and 28 provincial and national key labs, of which the Water Pollution Treatment Lab and the Hydro-energy Simulation Lab have reached the international advanced level. Since its founding, NCWU has cultivated more than 150,000 senior specialized technical personnel and management personnel as well as about 20 ministers, generals and provincial leaders, with numerous outstanding schoolfellows working all over the world.
official name: North China University of Water Resources and Electric Power
date of establishment: 1951
number of the students: 26960(undergraduates), 1430(postgraduates)
number of international students: NCWU has a long history of international cooperation.
nature of the university: comprehensive
Thematic priorities of the university in the BRICS Network University:
- Water resources and pollution treatment.
Description of the educational programmes, which the university offers to the partner NU universities in the framework of the thematic priorities of BRICS NU: Energy and Power Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Its Automation
- Water pollution control discipline introduction：Water pollution control discipline is one of the key disciplines in NCWU. Based on the conservancy characteristics of NCWU, distinctive discipline development direction is gradually condensed out with the study of the main research scope of water pollution control discipline on the following four directions: the theory and technology of water pollution control, advanced water treatment and reuse, water environmental planning and systems analysis, solid waste resource utilization etc.
- Optimal allocation of water resources
- Water resources planning and management
- Flood and drought disaster prediction analysis and management
- Water resources development and water environmental protection
- Water resources, water environment carrying capacity analysis and economic evaluation
- Water administration and water resources management
- The river environment and comprehensive treatment
- Water saving irrigation theory and technique
contact information of the people：
(1-2)：Prof. Ma Qiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(3): Prof. Zheng Zhihong (email@example.com)
(4-10): Prof. Nie Xiangtian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact information of the person, responsible for the work with the BRICS Network University: